Monday, December 04, 2006

Barce-lazy!

OK. Legitimate question that is causing me genuine distress and then a bit about my great trip to Barcelona before returning to my 4.5 papers that have to be finished before Saturday.

Q: What is the best way to get my flatmates to do their share in the kitchen? I go away for a weekend and come back and the table is covered in filthy, crusty dishes, spilled drinks, noodles, visible e.coli germs and the like. I have now done the ENTIRE wash five times. I keep thinking that if I let it pile up enough, someone else will go "That is disgusting and potentially dangerous" and do it, but they just let it build and build until I cave in and do it. Today made me almost cry. I have left notes, dropped hints, and said flat-out that someone else HAS to do it, to no avail. Thoughts?

Alright, Part II. Barcelona. Amazing, beautiful city. I was really not jazzed about going because I was so tired and I have so much work to do before Rich comes, but I'd booked the tickets with Sara way in advance so I went.

I'm so glad I did! Barcelona was just great...so unlike everything I ever did. Do you know how many cathedrals I have been in during my stay in Europe? And I still thought the Sagrada Familia was fascinating. Sara and I just relaxed, walked around, found cool neighborhoods and restaurants, and had a tremendous battle of room rudeness with Australians. Loved it.

A Museum

Boxed wine

A cool cathedral

Sara likes her exhibits interactive.

Lady and the Tramp...in chocolate.

My friends are big jerkfaces and are making me spend money on dinner which is not good. Because I have no money. And lots of work. Answer my inquiry at the top.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring them in the kicthen and grab them by the neck and rub their noses in the dishes and say BAD DOG

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant Kitchen (so I can't type)
sue me

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

move out. it's the only thing that CAN be done (this is the voice of experience in these matters. aka your most beautiful cousin)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fly me over. I'll be more than happy to clean the kitchen. Wait a minute. They don't allow guns there?. I won't be able to defend myself against people offering me tea.. Never mind..
( Beloved Uncle Johnny )

p.s. Can't wait to see You! : )

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home