Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Basically famous

The tall gentleman approached us in that way that men do when they are trying to sign you up for very expensive beauty salon packages in New York City. That particular method of approach makes me want to drop-kick people to the curb, but he held out his camera.

"You girls have been scouted to possibly be extras in a movie or a TV show!" he said, gleefully.

"Are you some kind of liar?" I wanted to know. It's always good to know if someone is a liar.

"No, I'm not lying! And I have a business card to prove it." He did. It was shiny. Much nicer than something that a potential serial killer would print up if he were trying to lure girls into his den.

He took our pictures and said we might hear back next week. Hopefully not in the form of axe murdering. Their website looks pretty legit and one of the companies is looking for a foot model, which I think I could be really good at. So that was my day in Covent Garden.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do after all have ballerina feet.

Today I spent some time working on that shirt I promised you. It was frustrating at first (I've never made something for someone else, so I can't use myself as a dressform like I normally would be able to) but I went to the costume shop to use one of their dressforms and now it looks AWESOME. It's only maybe 1/3 of the way done but so far it looks great. Hooray for me!

yer cuzin

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Alex,
You make my day. And when you're on the big screen, blow me kisses.
Aunt Tracey
xxooxxo

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finally got your big break! xox,KJ

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home