Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Luck Be a Swayze Tonight


Now, I know that being abroad is about new experiences. So I will grant you that I have seen Guys & Dolls before. But it is undeniable that I have never before seen Guys & Dolls with PATRICK SWAYZE.

I wrote about Patsy (as I like to call him) in my application for Northwestern. I have seen Dirty Dancing more times than I care to admit. I even suffered through Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights in which he has a cameo and directs the young lady to follow her heart and feet or something similarly inane.

But I was not prepared for Patsy of this caliber! With botox and a Noo Yawk accent! It was a magical night, courtesy of the Moroccan food, Michelle's company, and our amazing 4th row center seats.

All in all, an A-One evening.

First day of classes is today. So far I have been asked to tackle such challenging questions as "What's the first thing one does when one sits down to write an essay?" and "What are some good ways to take notes?" Good thing I brought along my thinking cap! Hopefully the Canadian Women's Fiction class I'm heading off to will be a bit more enlightening.


Do you think they had that cute little "Traitor's Gate" sign on it when actual traitors went through? Just so they would know what was going on? I hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nell Minow said...

Glad to see that nobody puts Alex in a corner! And that you're having, so to speak, the time of your life.


Love, Aunt Nell

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Alex-
I am very impressed by your writing style and knew you could have been a wonderful asset to the AP London Bureau if you weren't spending all your time screwing around on this blog.
Love, Paisley
PS I hope your Dad never finds out.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love you.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Alex,
I like the yak.
Love,
Aunt Tracey

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home