Sunday, September 24, 2006

But I will solve this mystery; you gotta give me the first clue.

Today is One of Those Days. I don't really know why I let it become One of Those Days; the sunshine is gorgeous today and if I hadn't slept in, I could have had a really nice morning at Spitalfields and Brick Lane, etc. But I did sleep in, and woke up feeling cranky, and thus it became OoTD.

I wish a lot of things---that I was right in London so I could feel a city rhythm (the neighborhood Queen Mary is in is roughly equivalent to a strip mall in Newark) and that my clothes didn't constantly smell like smoke and that I felt a little more confident in what I'm doing and who I know here. I feel a little overwhelmed, which is something I'm not used to, and it's very strange.

But I don't mean to sound like I'm unhappy, or sorry that I'm here. I'm not. I like all of these experiences. I've done a lot of really cool things already, and it's only my second week here. When I can understand them, the British kids are are really cool and funny. And when I do get into the city, it's wonderful and I love it.

And/or, my friends drag me to more American bars:


Fortunately, this was after some jolly British theater so I ended up at cultural nil (+1 for the theater, -1 for TGI Fridays).


And this guy walks me home from the tube station so I don't get attacked:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home